Academic advising is an important factor in the progression and timely graduation of college students. Let us help you find answers to your questions as you complete your degree and prepare for a successful career!
Preparing for an Advising Appointment
- Schedule your advising appointment early. Advisor's schedules fill up quickly, especially during peak registration times.
- Arrive on time for appointments with your advisor. If meeting with an OASES advisor, please read the advising syllabus before your appointment.
- Be proactive; seek help and advice early in the semester.
- Make a list of questions you have about courses, programs of study, and your educational plans.
- Review the information for undergraduate majors of interest and bring major curriculum checklist with you to the meeting.
- Current students should bring any documents or worksheets from previous advising sessions and review your CAPP degree evaluation.
- Inform your advisor of any challenges you are having in your classes for referrals to helpful academic resources.
- Inform your advisor if you plan on dropping or withdrawing from a class.
- Be prepared to discuss your progress toward meeting prerequisite requirements to declare your major.