Are you an undergraduate adult student?
Do you have questions about returning to college?
Need advice for balancing it all?
Want to meet other adult learners?
Join the Adult Mentoring Program for Students (AMPS)!
- Open to any undergraduate nontraditional or adult student!
- Convenient drop-in hours. Drop-in hours are Monday and Wednesday, 4:00 - 6:00 pm and Tuesday and Thursday, 9:00 - 11:00 am in Barnard 106
- Gain information to make the transition to college as seamless as possible.
- Share your academic experiences and get advice for balancing it all.
- Learn about helpful resources and tips for being a successful student.
- Learn about social and educational opportunities within UNC Charlotte and the community.
- Find support, friendship, and answers to your questions about the campus.
- Get Connected! Find a sense of belonging; you are a 49er!
Program starts on January 17 and runs through March 30. Stop in during the drop-in hours! No appointment needed!
Read the mentor profiles to meet AMPS mentors!
- Must be an adult or nontraditional student.
- Participate in the drop-in mentoring hours.
- When available, attend OASES and AMPS social and educational events to meet other adult student and mentors.
Sign-up today to join AMPS or come by during drop-in mentoring hours. Learn successful ways to excel as a student, meet other adult students, and find your path to success!
If you need additional information about the AMPS program, please contact, Debbie Smith at Debbiesmith@uncc.edu or call 704-687-5107.
Want to be a mentor? We are currently seeking enthusiastic and knowledgable nontraditional students to mentor nontraditional students. As a mentor, you will earn community service hours, gain leadership skills, and have an enriching experience supporting other adult and nontraditional students. Learn more about the mentor requirements and fill out an application today!