At this time, OASES advisors will conduct all scheduled advising appointments virtually by phone, google meet or Web Ex meetings. Students can continue to schedule appointments with their assigned advisor by using CONNECT. Please be assured, OASES advisors will be available to answer your advising questions and assist in registration for summer and fall.
Let us help you develop your academic plan, identify interests and career goals, choose a program of study, and select resources that support student success!
Students We Serve: Adult students 24 years of age and nontraditional students: Students admitted through the Adult Student Admissions Program (ASAP), 49er Finish Program students, readmitted former students, undecided majors, students transitioning between majors, and prospective students.
An OASES academic advisor is available Monday through Thursday, 7:30 AM until 6:00 PM, and Friday, 7:30 AM until 5:00 PM when classes are in session (extended hours are currently limited due to schedule changes as a result of COVID-19. Please check with your advisor for their availability).
Current students can make an appointment using CONNECT. Advisors are located under the "Get Advising" on the right side of the homepage. Prospective students can call 704‑687‑5104 or email email@example.com for questions and to request more information.
Preparing for an Advising Appointment
- Schedule your advising appointment early in CONNECT.
- Advisor's schedules fill up quickly, especially during peak registration times.
- Arrive on time and list any particular reasons you want to meet.
- Be proactive; seek help and advice early in the semester. Be prepared to schedule more than one meeting a semester, if needed.
- Be prepared to discuss your progress this semester.
- Actively track your progress toward your degree by reviewing your DegreeWorks Evaluation prior to your advising appointment.
- Inform your advisor of any challenges you are having in your classes; Inform your advisor if you plan on dropping or withdrawing from a class.
- Exploring or Changing your major?
Advisors are ready to help!
- Provide quality advising services to enhance students’ educational opportunities, promote academic achievement and personal growth.
- Encourage and guide students to develop and create an academic plan for completing a degree.
- Provide accurate and timely information about the university’s academic programs, procedures, policies, and resources.
- Work cooperatively with campus-wide academic and administrative departments to facilitate student success and enhance their educational experiences.
- Promote career exploration and planning through career testing, workshops, and individual meetings.
- Be accessible by phone, email, and by appointment. Respond to students in a timely manner.