Academic advising is an important factor in the progression and timely graduation of college students. Let us help you find answers to your questions as you complete your degree and prepare for a successful career!
Preparing for an Advising Appointment
- Schedule your advising appointment early in CONNECT.
- Advisor's schedules fill up quickly, especially during peak registration times.
- Arrive on time for appointments with your advisor. If meeting with an OASES advisor, please read the advising syllabus before your appointment.
- Be proactive; seek help and advice early in the semester. Be prepared to schedule more than one meeting a semester, if needed.
- Please indicate the reason for the meeting in CONNECT to help advisors better prepare for the meeting.
- Be prepared to discuss your progress this semester.
- Current students should bring any documents or worksheets from previous advising sessions and review your Degree Works Degree Evaluation.
- Inform your advisor of any challenges you are having in your classes for referrals to helpful academic resources.
- Inform your advisor if you plan on dropping or withdrawing from a class.
- Exploring Majors?
- Please review the information for undergraduate majors of interest and bring major curriculum checklist with you to the meeting.
- Research career options on the University Career Center webpage.
- Take a self-assessment inventory that align with your interests, personality, values and workplace preferences.