Academic advising is an important factor in the progression and timely graduation of college students. Let us help you find answers to your questions as you complete your degree and prepare for a successful career!
Preparing for an Advising Appointment
- Schedule your advising appointment early in CONNECT.
- Advisor's schedules fill up quickly, especially during peak registration times.
- Arrive on time. If meeting with an OASES advisor, please read the advising syllabus before your appointment.
- Be proactive; seek help and advice early in the semester. Be prepared to schedule more than one meeting a semester, if needed.
- Please indicate the reason for the meeting to help advisors prepare for your discussion.
- Be prepared to discuss your progress this semester.
- Current students should bring any documents or worksheets from previous advising sessions.
- Actively track your progress toward your degree by reviewing your DegreeWorks Evaluation prior to your advising appointment.
- Inform your advisor of any challenges you are having in your classes for referrals to helpful academic resources.
- Inform your advisor if you plan on dropping or withdrawing from a class.
- Exploring or Changing your major?