- Bookstore - Purchase textbooks, school supplies, and 49er gear at the on campus Barnes & Noble Bookstore located in the Student Union.
Copy and Print Services - Repros offers black and white color copies, regular and oversized printing, binding, and more. Located on the lower level of Prospector.
Mail & Package Services - Fully-operational Postal Contract Station, capable of services equivalent to that of a U.S. Post Office.
49er Card - Your 49er card provides access to buildings on campus, campus activities and programs, athletic events and recreational facilities, the student health center, vending machines, the library, dining services, and computer labs.
Dining Services - A variety of retail dining locations are available across campus. Flexible meal plans are available.
Vending - Vending machines are placed liberally throughout campus and accept dollar bills, change, 49er Account, and a limited number of machines accept credit cards.
Parking Services - Purchase permits, check out the campus shuttle schedule, and view the campus parking map.
Offices with Extended Hours
- Office of Adult Students and Evening Services - Provides advising, mentoring, scholarships, and other support services for adult and nontraditional students.
- Police and Public Safety - Fully authorized police agency providing services to students.
- University Center for Academic Excellence - Provides services, programs, materials, and academic support for students including tutoring, supplemental instruction, mentoring, and academic consultations.
- Atkins Library and the Adult Student Research Guide - Atkins Library is open 24 hours five days a week during the regular semester. Check out the Research Guide for Adult Students to become familiar with their resources.
Tuition and Fees - Tuition and fees are updated each academic year. Rates may differ for semester, format, and level of class. An itemized cost is available from Financial Services.
Financial Aid - Learn about types of aid and how to apply for, receive, and keep your financial aid.
Federal Student Aid for Adult Students - Reviews myths and facts about federal student aid, important deadlines, and other tips for adult students.
Student Accounts and Cashiers Office - Bills for and collects tuition and fees. Payment plans are available for staggered tuition payment.
Adult and Nontraditional Student Scholarships - OASES offers several scholarships for adult students 24 years or older.
Frequently Used Forms
- Office of the Registrar - Forms - See the Registrar's Office website for information on submitting a transient study form, requesting a grade replacement, and more.
- Student Health Center - Provides primary medical care, psychiatric services, disease prevention, health education, wellness promotion and various specialty services to all registered students.
- Immunization Requirements - View immunization forms and requirements.
- Counseling Center - Offers individual and groups counseling services free of charge to current students.
- Health Insurance - Waive or enroll in health insurance online. Students enrolled in six or more credit hours are required to have health insurance.
- Collegiate Recovery Community - Supports students recovering from addictions through programming, resources, and activities that provide a pathway to both recovery and academic achievement.
Off Campus Housing
The Off Campus Housing website makes searching for an apartment, townhouse, condo, or single family home easy. The Niner's Choice program gives you additional information about safety and security of complexes.
On Campus Housing
Housing for adult students is available on campus in Witherspoon Hall. Meal plans are required for some students living on campus but not all. UNC Charlotte does not have family housing. If you are thinking about living on campus, consider applying to a housing community. Global Gateways, learning communities, and the Transfer Student Community provide enhanced academic experiences for students.
- The housing application is available year round and opens as soon as students are admitted to the university. Students interested in living on campus for fall semester should submit their application by July 1st to guarantee placement. You will need to pay a $200 deposit to complete the housing application.
- Housing contracts are issued annually. Rates are listed by semester. Students graduating in December can cancel spring contracts without penalty.
- University Career Center offers assessments, career panels, informational interviews, job shadowing, and WCIDWAMI (What can I do with a major in...) Days to help you explore majors and associated career options.
- Internships For Adults: Don't Get Your Degree Without It - Learn about the importance of gaining real life experience from an adult student.
- Internships - Find career-related internships in Hire-A-Niner. Some academic departments offer academic credit for internships.
- University Professional Internship Program (UPIP) - Explore paid on-campus internships.
- Hire-A-Niner - Use this online job posting board with listings specifically for UNC Charlotte students, including entry-level and experienced positions. Students can also find out when the next career fairs and employer events are. Get directly connected with employers through career fairs and employer events offered by the University Career Center.
- Make Linkedin Work for You - Learn from these 25 tips to create your profile, build your network, and use LinkedIn as a networking tool.