Welcome to UNC Charlotte!
OASES is proud that you have chosen UNC Charlotte to further your education. Reentering school brings many new and exciting opportunities to learn, reach your goals, and meet new people. We want to extend a warm welcome and let you know we are here to assist you!
Steps to Getting Started!
Contact OASES for an advising appointment to discuss your career and academic goals (704-687-5104 or email AdultStudents@uncc.edu). OASES advisors understand the challenges adult students face when returning to the classroom and the importance of developing a successful academic plan for completing a degree. New students should consider taking UCOL 1010 (3 credit hour) in their first semester. This course is designed for adult learners and addresses transition issues, academic planning, career assessments, study skills, writing improvement strategies, and academic resources available to students. Please contact an OASES advisor for a permission to take the class.
Sign up to attend SOAR. During SOAR, students will attend information sessions to promote academic success, meet with an academic advisor, and register for classes. Adult transfer students and adult freshman students will register for the Transfer SOAR sessions.
View the SOAR Webinar: Adult Students - Resources for Success! Learn about scholarships, student success strategies, resources designed specifically for adult and nontraditional students, and more.
Accept the Adult Student Connection course invitation and meet other adult learners! Get answers to your questions about being an adult student at UNC Charlotte, find helpful resources, and connect with other adult students! Don't see the course invitation in your email? Click here to enroll in this free resource!
What other resources can I utilize as an adult student?
- Take a Self Guided Campus Tour and become familiar with UNC Charlotte.
- Questions about Career services, housing, health services, and more? Check out our Campus Resources page under the Advising tab.
- Need help with writing, math, or transfer credits? Check out our Academic Resources page under the Advising tab.
- Curious about resources to manage your money, the cost of attendance, and financial aid in a nutshell? Check out our Financial Resources page under the Advising tab.
- Are you a student parent or have dependents that you are caring for while taking classes? Check out our Parenting Resources page under the Advising tab.