Are you ready to make a life changing decision and complete your degree?
UNC Charlotte offers hundreds of academic choices to help you prepare for your future. Take a look and visit UNC Charlotte!
As an adult student, you may have many decisions to consider when returning to the classroom. Let an OASES advisor answer your questions about transfer credit, programs of study, and academic resources that support student success! To schedule an appointment, please call 704-687-5104 or email AdultStudents@uncc.edu.
Current and Prospective Students: If you have a mobility issue, or develop a medical condition that affects your mobility, please contact 704-687-5104 to schedule an appointment in our satellite location in Atkins 147F prior to walking-in.
There are several ways to be admitted as an UNC Charlotte student. The links below will provide information pertaining to the admissions process for each type of admission status.
Deciding what major to study? How your credits will transfer from another institution? Concerned about the financial impact of returning?
Explore other common resources:
- Majors and Academic Options - list of undergraduate majors, minors, and certificate programs offered at UNC Charlotte
- NCCC Pathways to Degree guides - specific to NC community college courses that provide paths supporting associate degree completion, admission to majors, & baccalaureate completion.
- Transfer Guides - A comprehensive set of guides that help navigate the transfer process.
- Transfer Credit Advisor - an online database of courses that transfer from other colleges & universities across the country.
CLEP transfer guide - provides details about how UNC Charlotte recognizes credits for certain CLEP exams.
Financing your return - Financial Aid information such as FAFSA deadlines and how to financially navigate your return.
Take a Self Guided Campus Tour and become more familiar with UNC Charlotte's campus.
Going back to school is a big decision. Check out these resources and remember it's never too late to finish what you started:
- 7 Tips to Help Adult Learners Go Back to School by Diane Thomas of Learning Advisor by Kaplan
- 100 Things Every Adult College Student Ought to Know by Carlette Jackson Hardin
- The Adult Learner's Companion: A Guide for the Adult College Student by Deborah Davis
WHAT RESOURCES CAN I UTILIZE AS AN ADULT STUDENT?
Questions about Career services, housing, health services, and more? Check out our Campus Resources page under the Advising tab.
Need help with writing, math, or transfer credits? Check out our Academic Resources page under the Advising tab.
Curious about resources to manage your money, the cost of attendance, and financial aid in a nutshell? Check out our Financial Resources page under the Advising tab.
Are you a student parent or have dependents that you are caring for while taking classes? Check out our Parenting Resources page under the Advising tab.