The Office of Adult Students and Evening Services (OASES) welcomes you back to UNC Charlotte!
OASES is committed to supporting and enhancing the educational experiences of the adult learner. Returning to college can be challenging and some policies and procedures may have changed since you were here before. Please take advantage of the services in OASES to support your academic success.
Steps for Success!
Follow the process for readmission for former students and submit application.
- Reactivate your Niner Net Account (http://pwmanager.uncc.edu) and contact your academic department for an advising appointment to get the registration hold lifted. To register for courses, log into your My UNC Charlotte account and click the class schedule link (registration directions).
- Contact OASES (704-687-5104) to discuss general education requirements, understanding new college policies, getting re-connected to your academic department, and utilizing campus resources available to adult and nontraditional students. If you have declared your major, you will need to contact your major advisor for an advising appointment to lift the advising hold to allow registration.
- Sign up now to attend one of our Adult Student Orientation events. Learn about scholarships and other services for adult learners, tips for academic success, and getting prepared to start the semester!
- Turn in your immunization forms to the Student Health Center. North Carolina state law requires that you submit immunization records. Non-compliance with this law results in being withdrawn from classes. For immunization requirements and more information, visit Student Health Center.
- Waive or enroll in UNC Charlotte’s health insurance. All students are required to show proof of health insurance or pay the fee for semester coverage through the University. To waive or enroll, visit studenthealth.uncc.edu/insurance.
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application online
- Refer to the OASES website for Reentry Scholarship Opportunties.
49er Finish Students
Developed in 2005, the 49er Finish Program assists former undergraduate UNC Charlotte students with completing their degrees through personalized advising services. Using a concierge approach, the program aims to make the transition as smooth as possible for 49er Finish students returning to UNC Charlotte.
Offered through the Office of Adult Students & Evening Services (OASES), the 49er Finish Program serves as a model degree completion program across the state and nation. Recently the program was named a 'Model of Excellence' in the winter edition of the University Business Magazine. Staff have presented national webinars on the program and created an innovative model to share with UNC system institutions.