New Veteran Student?
We appreciate your service to our country! Learn more below about a number of on-going events, resources, extended hours of operation, and services to assist student veterans. OASES collaborates with many offices on campus to assist prospective and enrolled student veterans with admission, retention, and graduation.
- Adult Student Orientation Events - Get a jump start on everything an adult student needs to know! In addition, student veterans gain valuable information about the GI Bill and Veteran Services. Reserve your space for an upcoming session by clicking the link.
- Advising- OASES advisors are aware of the unique challenges veteran students face while transitioning into higher education. Make an appointment today to develop an academic plan and discuss the academic support services available.
- Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society - Alpha Sigma Lambda is the oldest and largest chapter-based honor society for full and part-time adult students (membership by invitation only).
- Scholarships - The scholarship program is one of many services OASES offers to nontraditional students to support their academic success.
- Workshops and Events - Meet other adult students and get information the resources needed to be a successful student!
- UCOL 1010 class - A three-hour credit writing intensive course, for adult, nontraditional and student veterans in their first semester. The class provides information on transition issues, undergraduate programs of study, academic planning, career assessments, study skills, writing improvement strategies, and academic resources on campus (offered annually spring and fall semesters).
UNC Charlotte resources: